Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not Easily Broken


I was really impressed by the depth of the script, as far as the number of topics being covered. In a lot of ways this movie is so much more real to me than even the movie Fireproof. Don't get me wrong, I loved Fireproof, I highly recommend the Love Dare book, but most of our lives aren't as simple as those 2 characters. We come from complex, messy backgrounds with baggage - some given to us and some created by us. There are few who have that fairytale marriage to draw from in the relationship of their parents. This movie touches on the reality of strong women and the epidemic of weak men, we all know why it exists but no one really ever talks about how to fix it, on both sides. There are a few things I could have done without but they were few and may just stem from my own hurt and bias. All in all this was a beautiful movie and I highly recommend it. Morris Chestnut is a wonderful actor and man o man, he does justice to this role. I do not recommend this movie for children, though most of the content is fine, I'm sure they see and hear more on tv (it is only rated PG-13 after all), but the themes are probably best left to a more adult audience.

No comments: