Saturday, December 12, 2009

An end to my silence

Sometimes life throws so many curve balls that even narrating the events begins to feel like a whining. I do thank all of you that have checked in on us, your thoughts and prayers have been deeply appreciated. So, on to the quick overview:

Expedition fixed, savings gone, Lot sold (got 1/3 of what he's worth, note to self, never use the sale barn again - though some money better than none), lesson learned, Judd died (reasons unknown :(), hubby didn't find work, dusted off resume and start work in January. Well, that about does it. :)

I have been reading the little house on the prairie books and I must say that I am enjoying them tremendously. It is amazing how different life was back then, their courage is inspiring.

Looks like we will have piglets in the Spring :) Eva is doing really well and Buttercup is taming very nicely. It will be interesting to see how Quinn adapts to his new role as sire, he has never been the only bull around. Blackbird is still a bit weary of us but has taken to the others very well. Eva follows her around when she isn't busy nursing Treva.

The chickens are beginning to lay again now that they have adjusted to their new diet, several have migrated to the barn. We will be working on getting boards on their windows this week to keep the cold air out.

I have added rag dolls to the list of Christmas projects and will post pics of the knitted projects soon. I pray that you all are well and hope you all have a wonderful Advent season. :)


2 comments:

DianeLynn said...

I know what you are saying and am thankful for you that your Faith is still going strong. Sending prayers your way and special blessings.

Vintage Whimsy Studio said...

Hi Janelle - just happened to see the title of your post on one of the BlogHer linkie thingies and decided to pop on over. I am so glad that you are breaking your silence, and I will continue to follow your posts. We've been through unemployment most of this past year and hubby is just now starting back to work . . . .so you are not alone. But the other reason that I was intrigued enough to come on over for a visit was the title of your post. There is so much that we hold inside and remain silent . . . .in fear? In shame? Why? But I think it is time that we find a place where it is safe to be completely honest, without the fear of being perceived as negative, whiney, or critical. Gossip and complaining is never helpful. But honest sharing of our struggles with people who are safe would go a long way towards bringing light back to our communities, especially to those of us who belong to the family of faith. Bless you this day, my dear, and please stop by and visit me when you have a minute. Nina @ mamas*little*treasures