Saturday, January 8, 2011

And then life gives you perspective . . .

Sometimes we get so swept up with the hustle and bustle of life that we forget that this is not what life's about.  Last night dh's step dad died :(  I wish I knew him better, I wish we lived closer, I wish we'd had more money, so we could visit, I wish . . . we'd all had more time . . .  From the little I knew of him I liked and respected him.  He was a good husband and father.  He was a veteran of the Korean war and an entrepreneur.  A private man with a strong moral compass, always willing to help others and give a second chance.  He was a man, a good man.  He leaves behind a wife of almost 30 years, 2 sons, a daughter, 2 step sons and many grand children.  We will miss you always.

And we pray:
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.


Please keep my mother in law, his children and family in your prayers.  Thanks.
 

1 comment:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Sorry for the loss. It's sad that it takes a death to bring life into focus. Our prayers are with you and your family in your time of remembering him. He sounded like a wonderful man to have known.

Blessings,
Kelle