Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dear John . er . Wichita

It's not you, it's me.  Actually it's dh, he's getting tired of the frequent trips so I'm cutting WAY back.  Given the current gas prices I agree but I'll miss you.  I won't miss the long drive or long lines or getting lost but your treasures (we got a free shed and bricks, Menards had 20inch bikes for 19.99 after rebate - we need 1 more so now all kids have bikes), places to go and eat.  Well It's not quite goodbye, I will see you again. :)


The kids and I went down to Dallas last weekend and had a blast celebrating my birthday and Memorial day with my mom and sister's family.  It was so great to get out of town for a bit, the kids and I had such a great time.  It may seem crazy taking 7 kids on a road trip alone but we had fun.  Here are a few pics










I am still getting all our supplies together for the numerous house projects (Menards has a 3day sale the vinyl flooring is marked down 43%), slow and steady wins the race right? :)  Dh's schedule has made it slow going but we'll get there eventually.  

The summer heat has kept the kids cooling off in the pool almost daily.  My sis got a pool for our visit and sent us home with it :)






Well I better get back to work, more to come soon.

No comments: