Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What a day!

Well I didn't feel well this morning, the day grew progressively worse as it went on, including a delightful visit from the 2 Sheriffs who came to check out a call they received. I thought maybe I had an animal out or something of this nature, but it was much worse, someone apparently felt my children lack proper supervision and (the funny part of the allegation) I don't mow my lawn. Ok, I am guilty of at least that, I like to think of it as native . . . at least that's how I resolved it in my head when we couldn't find a riding mower that could handle the job and couldn't afford a commercial one. Now as for the proper supervision part, the officers were not too sure what more someone was expecting considering that most days a week the kids are home with both parents, there aren't a whole lot of kids these day that have the luxury of that. Since we don't own a tv it means we are "forced" to interact with them as there isn't something for them to really be glued to for long. Maybe the problem is that we spend too much time with them . . . that must be it. The silver lining of the day came a little later when we were able to sell the last of AR's piglets. He has made back more than he invested and is thrilled. Hopefully mama will be bred back soon and he will be on to his next litter. :) We may have a buyer for Eva, so we'll see how that pans out. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: