Saturday, March 19, 2011

The little things I remember


I remember fighting with my sister as a kid, my dad always said the same thing, "it's only 1 sister you have, try to love her". Anyone who knows us, know we are practically polar opposites, she studied, I was social.  She was by far the easier child, I was the . . . well let's just say I had the dented halo, lol.  

My children are raised with the same philosophy, except I encourage them to be friends, best friends. These are the friendships that matter and that last a lifetime.  It never really occurred to me before how much my dad's words really influenced the strong friendship I have with my sister, I am very thankful to have her, even if she doesn't always get me :)  Thanks dad :)

2 comments:

Jenny Cruz said...

Dad's always knows best though sometimes we learn the true essence of their words in the end. And oh, sister's fight I guess was sort of normal though we need to learn how to love our siblings since in the end, our family is the only person to give us a shoulder to lean on.
Oh, now this make me think of my little sissy at Ranches in Texas. We are year apart now, sure she misses me so much.

Anonymous said...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will probably never die! I invite you to visit and follow my blog if you want too.

Take care and have a nice day :-)