Thursday, January 21, 2010

I survived week 1

The week is practically over and I have survived. I am really excited about work and am learning a few new things along the way. I'm so psyched that I have even begun to reconcile our bank statements :)

This week we were surprised to find 18 eggs on the side of the nesting box, lol those crazy chickens. We will need to fence the yard when we get our refund as the free rangers keep wandering into the road and have been getting hit :(

We got a great deal on hay from our regular hay guy that should take us nicely into March. The cows are very happy about this development as it means they don't have to wait for a good deal at the sale barn anymore. Hay is cheapest at the sale barn when the weather is not too cold, but very expensive if it is really cold that week.

We are looking at our options for transportation as I have the only vehicle and that means that we will start to lose our source of pig food. :( I don't want to have to grain them exclusively, so we will need to find a cheap but reliable vehicle.

Saturday is my sister's birthday, I made her an infinity scarf . . . actually it's not a true infinity scarf as there is a seam. I don't have circular knitting needles so I did it as a regular scarf and sewed the ends. :)



4 comments:

Amy said...

Glad that things are going well for you!

Kansas Mom said...

Glad the first week went well!

Tim Handorf said...

Hello, my name is Tim and I wanted to let you know about an article I wrote for my site called "30 Old MacDonald Had a Farm Blogs" located here: http://www.bestcollegesonline.net/blog/2010/30-old-macdonald-had-a-farm-blogs/

This article basically list the top sites about farm blogs and your site made the list based on the great content and message it sends. I thought you might like to share that with you readers.

Thank you

-Tim

Sunny Optimist said...

Thanks for the scarf!!! I LOVE IT. Pics soon.