Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So much to tell

There is so much going on recently, where do I begin? We were blessed to be able to welcome our daughter into the family of God on Sunday, she was terrific for the entire thing. I couldn't believe that she didn't cry even once, I am so proud of her.

We FINALLY have a vehicle running, I have to thank my family for blessing us with the ability to pay for it. Life threw quite a few curves, turns out it was not just the transmission but also the half and intermediate shaft that had to be replaced. :(

I started my job and it is going well so far. I've only had one day so I'll let you know.

Buttercup looks like she will be calving within the next few weeks, we are really excited as this will mean that Lot bred her. We miss him terribly but the cows are muddling through, lol.

We butchered miss piggy as she was not gaining as we'd have liked and we needed to cull the group.

I think we have far too many roosters, so looks like we'll be butchering on the weekend. ;)

The kids are doing really well with their homeschool work and we have worked out a plan for their time while I'm at work. I am really happy with their progress and HG is getting ready to move up to 1st grade work officially. :) Her math skills are in the 1st-2nd grade range so it's time. lol.

All in all, things are moving along. Money's tight - to be expected, there's a lot of love and laughter and time by the fire. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great to hear that things are going better for you!

I homeschool my kids too. They're able to progress so much better than in a regular school system.