Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meet Mag



Mag (pronounced Meg)is the sister (same Sire) of Treva. She is a smaller cow and so far seems to be bred (Quinn has passed her on the sniff test thus far) lol. She gives 4 gallons a day but doesn't seem to like our feed. :( We'll be working on finding an acceptable combination for her. As she settles down more, she's currently not too keen on the stanchion and just lays down. She is getting a bit more used to the idea, and she stands beautifully. I expect great things from her while she's here :)

5 comments:

Crystal said...

She's a cutie!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

She's a beauty! Makes me miss my ole' Bessie cow :o( Enjoy the milk, she is a beautiful Jersey and although I have my Dexter, I am envious*wink*

Janelle said...

Thanks ladies :) She has finally decided that she wants to go to the stanchion and is enjoying the new feed mixture :) She has also adopted Coffee and Spot and is still giving us a gallon a day :)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

We're looking forward to our Dexter cow, Addy freshening end of April and will be thrilled with any amount of milk, we've been dry for 1-1/2 yrs. Sure looking forward to cream, butter and yogurt! Enjoy, I'm trying hard not to be green with envy*wink*

Janelle said...

That is exciting Kellie!!! I look forward to reading about it when she finally gives birth!! April seems so far away but it will be here before you know it :)