Sunday, April 25, 2010

Garden and stuff

Well the garden is going in slowly but surely, I am not too thrilled with all the ticks but to be fair I don't think I ever noticed them before. I'm not sure where I thought they lived (other than on the dog and cats) but turns out it is in the dirt. Thanks to PW's answer the other night, we have begun a daily tick check (including the dog). But, I digress, the garden will be needing an additional box as we have filled the first. Since my energy has begun to return we will hopefully get it done over the next few days.

In other news, we have finally bitten the bullet and got a milking machine. The barn installation happens today and the rest of the logistics worked out from there. There seems to be so much to do, we have to also build something to house the new electric fence charger as it is not connected in the barn. This would make life a whole lot easier as I could then relocate the stanchion and the dairy cows. Those beef cows are vicious at feeding time.

The few remaining coop birds have been shut out of the coop at this time in hope of relocating them to the barn, to be fair it was only 1 hen and 4 roosters living there. The chicks need to be relocated and the coops seems ideal. In another week the new chicks should hatch, hopefully providing replacement layers. Ms Broody is doing great, she has even stopped pecking at Dh's hand when he tries to feed and water her. :)

I woke up at 4 this morning and had planned a whole other blog but it is still being refined I think. More to come soon :)

No comments: