Monday, October 13, 2008

Pig Adventures: Part 9

Another 2 pigs are gone :( I got home and it was still pouring rain, dh came in from milking and announced that they were gone, I am not quite sure what happened to the one in the middle of the pen but I expect it was a case of drowning in the mud :( That was definitely the case of the 2nd who was found nose down, butt up under the shelter. We put up the tarp around the back of the shelter to give an extended area with less wind/cold. We put in several wooden pallets to elevate them out of the water. So far they seem to approve, though I wish we would have been able to do a larger area. I have promised them that they will be moving to the barn this weekend, hopefully when the rain slows. Dh and I were freezing as we worked. I feel so sad for my piggies, this has been a definite lesson on what not to do :(

No comments: