We decided to begin butchering the chickens this weekend, we were pleased to see that there were volunteers.
We printed out the instructions and got everything set up.
AR has been waiting patiently on this day so he was allowed the first kill.
The headless chicken was then hung and dh got to work removing the skin, complete with feathers.
Once the skin was removed, revealing the meat desired we began to remove the breasts, legs and thighs.
To say the least the breast took a little bit of skill to make sure not to cut too deep. It was not too difficult.
In the end we got what we needed and discarded the rest. (We are debating the dog and cat food suggestion for next week's batch of chickens.)
To celebrate the occasion I cooked up a delicious chicken Pelau, picture tutorial will be posted tomorrow. :)