In retrospect we probably should have just headed to Wichita but instead dh scooped her up and took her the the emergency room in town. The band aid station (as I now call them) was not equipped to handle a 2nd degree burn and they sent him to Wichita. He picked us up (we're on the way) and an hour later we were there. The band aid station was useful in that they gave her some Tylenol with codeine to help with the pain. She was much more comfortable and the doctors applied several aquacels and wrapped her in gauze from waist to her knees. I thank you all for your prayers, they have both done well over the weekend and we are expecting them to heal very well.
I had been debating weather I should talk to my job about working from home and was in mid email when I got the call. I had been waffling on what I should do and by the end of the weekend it became crystal clear. Please pray that management will be receptive.
To answer the pressing question on every one's mind, the older toddler put a bottle of water in the microwave and it exploded when he took it out. We will be investing in a newer microwave with a keypad lock to prevent these kinds of accidents. But, no they are/were not allowed to use the microwave, ever.
Click here to shop on Amazon.com