Saturday, July 4, 2009

Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Yesterday Sarah Palin stepped down as the Governor of Alaska. Personally all of the things she had to say seemed perfectly reasonable and I was surprised when I heard there would be more to come. Sure she has said some things that made me scratch my head and there are other times I wish she had a bit more polish, but then I remember that she's real. She's a real person with flaws, not trying to get my vote by lying to me pretending to be something she's not. She isn't just conservative in the way she talks, she is conservative in the way she chooses to live her life. She just happens to have a great sense of style and apparently she's distractingly beautiful. Whatever the reasons, I wish her and her family the best. God Bless.



Click here to shop on Amazon.com


Search & Win

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

amen

Betty said...

Couldn't have said it better. If only everyone realized we were all human and would quit passing judgement so quickly. We would all be a lot better off.

Sunny Optimist said...

um.... not trying to rain on the SP love parade, but $100k of designer clothes says that she DOES in fact "try to get my vote by .... pretending to be something she's not" and thousands of dollars spent by her state taxpayers for shepherding her family around on vacations while she is supposedly "working" says that she is in fact perfectly fine "lying" -- at least to her constituents who are paying the bills.

Phelan said...

Just wanted to let you know that Lot is a daddy!

Christa @ Quintooples said...

Obama wears suits that cost more than my car...as most politicians of his stature do. As soon as it's a WOMAN wearing designer clothes...it's a different story.

There is only one politician whom I am sure has not spent a dime of taxpayer money unwisely.

I say, LEAVE this woman alone, and stop being derogatory to her family. THIS is the reason there will never be a woman president...because conservative or liberal...as soon as a woman runs for president it stops being policy and starts being "clothes", "hair", "pick on her family"

I am not saying I am a SP fan, but I find it funny that we pick on her CLOTHES....but ignore her close to greatness record in Alaska.

Great post. Sorry about the rant.