Sunday, January 11, 2009

Well it's been quite a weekend

I had hoped to regale you with the wonderful stories of my blessed union on Friday, but it turned out that that post was not meant to be :( I spent my time instead in the emergency room with chest pain and was admitted. Turns out that the problems I mentioned in my last post were not to be ignored. After days of tests the doctors determined that my thyroid has gone out of balance and has caused my heart to be at a constant racing pace. Nitroglycerin is no joke, WOW!!! That was quite a rush, at least it took away the chest pain, but it gave me quite the headache. In the mean time they have put me on Beta Blockers to prevent my thyroid from causing my heart to race. I am glad that I didn't wait too long, who knows what would have happened. Baby is doing just fine as far as I can tell, though it would have been nice if they'd taken a peek. Well, I'm going to bed now, tomorrow is a working day after all. :(

2 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

I'm so glad you're doing better with the beta blockers. How scary! We'll keep you and baby in our prayers, of course.

Phelan said...

I too am glad to hear you are doing ok. My best thoughts to you.