Saturday, June 6, 2009

The best mistakes

I requested coconut milk from the store but instead he brought home coconut cream. Having already sauteed the onions and started cooking the curry powder I was not pleased. Deciding to go with it, I pour it in and continued on. Imagine my surprise to taste this wonderful mistake and realise that it tasted just like chutney, lol. I call it Faux-conut Chutney, lol, which is a delightful addition to any curry.

Ingredients
1 can coconut cream
1 pot spoon of green seasoning
1/2 onion
3 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp of curry powder
1 tbsp of vegetable oil

Heat oil, sautee garlic and onion and add curry powder. After 2 minutes, add coconut cream and green seasoning. Stirring occasionally, allow to thicken. This makes a wonderful addition to any curry. Enjoy :)

No comments: