Monday, March 16, 2009

A new wave of pro-lifers amongst us

I was reading a great post over at CMR and I felt compelled to share, here is a snippet:


I talked to him for a brief while about the difference between adult stem cells and embryonic stem cells. He didn't know there was a difference.

But then his wife insisted that embryonic stem cell research wasn't as bad as abortion. "You've got to admit that, right?" she said.

"Why," I asked.

She paused and thought for a moment. "Well...because...they're not babies. They're in a petri dish in a lab somewhere."

"So instead of finding fault with the fact that laboratories have humans in dishes," I said, "you choose to say that because the humans are in the lab it's OK to kill them."

"But they're going to just die anyway," my friend interrupted.

"So are you. That doesn't give me an excuse to throw you in a dish and start using you for parts, does it?"

"That's ridiculous," she said.

"Yes, it is," I said. "Look. I know what you're saying. It's because they don't look human. They don't look like us but the reason of 'they don't look like us' has been a reason given for mass murder and oppression throughout the centuries."


To read the whole blog entry, click here

3 comments:

Nutmeg said...

I wish I were able to think on my feet this way. I do so much better on paper, but often we encounter those who hold opposing views to us in real life. We HAVE to keep speaking out for truth! Thanks for sharing!

Christa @ Quintooples said...

That is wonderful!!!!

I too wish I had my wits about me and was able to think that fast. Somewhere between child #1 & 3,4 & 5 I lost that ability!!!

Thank-you for sharing.

Janelle said...

I'm glad you ladies enjoyed this as much as I did. The truth must continue to be spoken.