Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lazy days of Summer

Summer vacation is winding down and the start of the new school year is quickly approaching. This is an exciting time for all of us, especially since there are all these papers to fill out. I got a call last week from the nice lady at the school office asking if I could come in early to get the paperwork done, it was really nice that they were willing to work around my schedule. She had everything ready and waiting for me and that was really great, this will help speed up the process next week when we go to drop off the paperwork. I am really thrilled to see how this school will work and it is nice to only have 1 place to take all the kids. For a small town I am impressed by the advanced services that they are able to offer compared to some of their bigger city counterparts.

Today dh and I watched "The bucket List", there were a few moments I felt like I had just experienced some of the worse acting I'd ever seen from Jack Nicholson but by the end I really liked the movie. The message was very nice and I was left with that really happy, fuzzy feeling :)

On a completely different note, I was chatting with a colleague yesterday giving him the annual be nice to your wife and kids talk, when it occurred to me that it might be nice to have a tip of the day for husband on here. Here's my first tip: Wives appreciate random acts of Jewelry :) It doesn't have to be big, or really fancy, but it is always nice to get a gift when one wasn't expected or warranted :) Please note this is not the same as Apology jewelry (jewelry given because you screwed up, feel bad and she hasn't quite figured out what you've done) :)

Any other tips you can think of, I'd love to hear :) Don't forget to vote in the poll this week :)

No comments: