Thursday, June 19, 2008

3rd times the charm :)

How negligent of me, I completely forgot to mention the most important news of yesterday. After being stood up twice, by 2 different priests, we were finally able to get our home and ranch BLESSED!!!! YAY!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to Fr. Drew the new Senior Pastor, overseeing 2 churches. He opted out of taking a spin on the riding lawn mower while doing a blessing on the pasture but we still love him anyway :)

I also forgot to mention that I am slowly reclaiming the yard. I discovered that the riding lawn mower has headlights :) This means I can mow in the dark :)

The farmer that leases the land around us wants to deepen a natural run off on our property so that the land around us can drain into the ditch. I think we may need to make a deal - I'm thinking maybe some quick tilling of my garden area with his large tractor :) I'll let y'all know how that turns out. DH says you'll have pics today, we'll soon find out.

On a totally non-farm related note, we watched the Bourne identity movie last night and I was very pleased with it. We have it set up through Netflix* that we will get all three over the next 2 weeks. I cannot wait for the next installment of this trilogy.

* 2-week free trial

No comments: