Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The joys of mowing the lawn

I can't begin to explain the joy I feel when I mow the lawn. Of course to be fair i've only done it once (today) since we've been here. Irrelevant.

The lawn mower repair man called me to say that he'd be dropping off the mower, YAY!! I'm told, by DH, that he said he hasn't had time to figure up the bill but next time we're in town and his garage door is open stop by and we'll settle up, lol. You've got to love a small town.

Back to my mowing. Dh showed me how to work the thing as I have never used one before and I mowed most of the front yard, though I did need to leave to get gas. I'm not sure how many times we'll have to fill it's little tank to get the whole yard done but it's so worth it. I love this little mower and I'm glad we had it fixed instead of buying another one.

AR desperately wants to mow again since DH allowed him to do it earlier, but I get so much joy and peace from the mowing it's like my own time with God and my thoughts. Though they tend to be interrupted by little nagging voices. Oh well, the moments that I have are well worth it :)

No comments: