Monday, July 21, 2008

Stun your physician

If you're like me, and you're probably not, you have a real weakness for shock value. Don't get me wrong, it's really that I'm trying to shock others it is more that I know I will and I am amused by their response :) But is that really so wrong? :) Well I went to see my Dr for a little female trouble (that's as detailed as you get, sorry to be so graphic :)) and naturally as is the case with most doctors the "cure all" recommended was birth control pills. Well, it was at that point I realised that she was up for a good shock :) I look at her nicely and said, "I don't do birth control." She gave me this blank stare, it hadn't registered, she said "what?" to which I repeated myself, "I don't do birth control." this went on for a few more minutes as she asked me to explain. I was so amused. I don't think she'd ever heard those words uttered before.

We are quiverfull and believe in leaving the family planning to God, He's always taken great care of us and we find no reason to not trust Him with this too. There are tons of couples trying to have babies and even though there is nothing wrong with them He has not chosen to bless them in this way, at this time. Why would we think that we alone are to be in control of this? Children are blessings for God and should be treasured as such. The doctor was able to find an alternate solution as I knew she would but it was not her immediate choice as it was not the "quick fix" she's used to prescribing. Funny how that works.

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Good for you!!

Janelle said...

Lori,
Your dogs are adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you come back soon :)